Every year TAAS participates in a mission/service trip to an area in the world that is deserving of special attention. The mission trip is a voluntary opportunity for 8th grade students to go somewhere in the world and serve others in a special way. Students will travel to an exotic location and participate in different activities.
One of the main things that students do is build or improve some aspect of the host organizations facility. This usually means building a new building, putting roofs up and other general improvements.
Another aspect of the mission trips is to serve the people spiritually. This means that student will be given the opportunity to run something we call Vacation Bible School. These are Christian programs designed for the children of the location. They include organizing and putting on games, events, stories, and hands-on learning activities. These events have been known to draw hundreds of children from all over the area being served.
We believe that international travel provides invaluable opportunities for allowing students of any age to develop a broader understanding of the world. These experiences are even more valuable throughout adolescence when youth are struggling to understand their place in the world and the environment around them.
We want to provide these opportunities for our youth with the facilitation, guidance, and mentoring of our faculty and staff. Participating in one of our yearly mission trips can provide our eighth grade students with memorable and valuable insights that impact the course of their lives.
- Salang-Cavite, Philippines – Painting and renovations of a small rural church.
- Shillong, India – To build a small church in a rural village with Maranatha International.
- Siem Reap, Cambodia – To build two sets playground area for Wat Preah Yesu Children’s Home.
2012-2013 Mission Trip
- Falakata, West Bengal, India – To build two 1-day Church structures with Maranatha International and VBS programs.
- Imus, Cavite, Philippines – Painting and renovations of a small mission school
2010-2011 Mission Trip
- Cambodia – Volunteering/painting at an orphanage and English-language programs for mission schools
- Northern China – Providing English classes and health classes at a community center